Swee's wedding @ Banyan Tree,Bintan

Sunday, May 03, 2009 Posted by YY on 9:56 PM

I promised Swee that I will make him a box of chocolates as wedding gift (well part of the wedding gift) and here we are making it on the day just before the wedding.

After 5hours, the chocolates are finally out of their mould and gosh the heart shaped cups from Daiso fitted the chocolates nicely...except that the chocolates are having their butts facing up now >_>'''

The box I made earlier for storing these chocolates. For the DIY process, click here.
Coincidentally, the wedding theme was white and gold too!

Packed my accessories for tomorrow's trip and stayed over at K's place but I didn't manage to fall sleep until 6am+ O_O

Met up with the group at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal and this a hell lot of docs to fill in.

Finally on the ferry. We were sitting on the 2nd deck and it was quite shaky all the way so I couldn't sleep.

K's sleeping soundly URGH~

Nvm~ I shall camwhore with myself.

Finally after a ferry, cab, buggy ride..we have arrived at the Tree Top area for the wedding ceremony.

Beautiful place with the "cliff" right beside the resort.

Unfortunately it was really humid, soon I felt like a post it pad.
But there was free flow of fruit juices and the staffs were really helpful, this reduced our discomfort. And to add on, they were nice enough to keep the chocolates for me in their fridge =D

At around 1pm, the main leads finally appeared! We were invited to sit down and witness the union of Sweeyang and Joyce.

"I hereby pronounce you, Husband and Wife" =D

One of the wedding favours, a fan. The other was the potpourri.

Wedding lunch at the Treetop Restaurant.

Menu for today.

Nice flowers and cutlery set.

The wedding lunch started with the bread being served, there were 3 different kinds.
One was like a baguette, another like those fried butterfly dough(with sesame seeds) and another was like a normal bread bun.

Olive herb butter and cheese to go with the bread. Everyone had more than 1 helping of the bread.

What seem like eternity... 20mins later, the appetiser was served, Parfait Salmon Tuna Tartar with creme Fraiche, Caviar with Gazpacho dressing. The name of this appetiser is really long and mouthful but in short, it was raw tuna with raw salmon(meaning of tartar = raw) with some cream, caviar and sour sauce. But I didn't like it at all(i had one bite though) as I don't take raw fish. K loves this appetiser alot.

Orders were taken for the main course with choices of chicken or fish and they took 40mins to arrive O_O By then, I was like quite full -_-'''

Blue Eyed Cod with Wasabi Mash(potato) and Confit Lemon Prawn dressing.
This dish was a hit with everyone! YUMMY!! Wasabi in mash potato was great cos it made it more refreshing and the lemon dressing had bits of lime leaves in it, which made it even more fragrant. Needless to say, the fish was cooked to perfection as well.

The Corn Fed Chicken with Gratin Potato Rosti, with mushroom ragout and tomato jam paled in comparison when compared to the other choice of main course. Other than tasting kind of chinese style, the shiitake mushrooms were "sandy" due to the spores =(

30mins later, dessert arrived and we were almost too full to care. Meanwhile Swee started giving a small speech regarding the trials of organising this wedding and why he chose bintan.

Dessert: Bitter chocolate mousse with Vanilla ice cream and caramel.

I hope this wedding cake was a complimentary gesture from Banyan Tree, cos it was really lousy...hope Swee didn't have to pay for such crap.

There was complimentary tea/coffee but no one could stomach anymore water so all the guests retreated to Swee's villa. Swee said he booked the largest villa available to accomodate all guests but its freaking expensive at US$900/night.

Overview of the villa, consists of a court yard, swimming pool/tanning area, 2 bedrooms.

Finally managed to get the groom to open his wedding gift. I took a deep breath and finally saw that the chocolates were still intact. *PHEW* The chocolates sure took a long long journey to arrive in his hands.

Swee said that he enjoyed the chocolates =D , boy am I glad to hear this.

A few hours later, the whole bunch of us left for the ferry terminal and I got to say that travelling to and fro bintan on the same day is freaking tiring, I was half dead the next day X_X

But this is definitely an unique and memorable experience =)